General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Google Sheets

Founding Member
    Posted 03-13-2023 17:41

hi all,

We are a bit unusual in being a google first org that uses Vena.  Whilst we're happy to do most of the work using Excel, we'd benefit from occasionally being able to see Vena data in Google Sheets (in a way that doesn't require completely manual updating)? Any ideas?

thanks

------------------------------
    Josh Weinberg
    Head of Financial Systems & Change
    Citizens Advice

• 2.  RE: Google Sheets

Venanite
    Posted 03-15-2023 13:44

I don't know if this is helpful/something you already do (and it isn't google sheets) BUT there is the ad-hoc tool that acts a little bit more like google sheets rather than the standard Vena report. You can build a quick and easy report and save it to your desktop/online drive and share it directly with specific team members. This can only be used for reporting though, not inputs.

I am an excel girl for life but my favourite part of google is how easy it is to share files directly.

Olivia MacDonald
    Manager, Financial Systems and Operations
    PwC

• 3.  RE: Google Sheets

Founding Member
    Posted 03-16-2023 04:56

ah thanks so much Olivia- good idea! I was looking into the ad-hoc & it's definitely something we could make more of, but unfortunately because we are Google first, we're not O365 subscribers (there's quite a lot of functionality we miss out on tbh) so can't use it.  

Despite 7 years of working in Google orgs, I'm still Excel first.. but I'm also a big fan of the collaboration aspects of Google

Josh Weinberg
    Head of Financial Systems & Change
    Citizens Advice