General Discussions

Β View Only
  • 1.  Long-Term Planning For Uncertain Times 🎒

Venanite
    Posted 07-14-2022 08:47

Hi everyone!Β 

We've been having a lot of great conversations in the community about #Planning, #Budgeting, and #Forecasting (be sure to check out this thread!), and I bet many of you are getting ready to dust off your organization's long-range plan (it's that time of year!). Given the numerous macroeconomic challenges we're facing right now-inflation, interest rates, supply chain issues and a potential recession on the horizon-some of you might be thinking about how to reshape that plan.Β 

If rethinking your long-range planning is top of mind for you right now, I'd love for you to join me for this month's Live & Interactive event, "Cash or Growth: How To Build a Long-Range Plan for Turbulent Times." We have a star-studded panel of speakers who'll be joining me to discuss how to set the stage for your long-range plan, setting targets and guardrails for your business, the tools and processes you'll need to be successful and much, much more.Β 

Your checklist:

• βœ… Be sure to RSVP here to secure your spot for the event
    • βœ… Ask your questions below πŸ‘‡ so that our hosts can answer them (or even community members to weigh in!)
    • βœ… Check back to this thread regularly for conversations before, during, and after the event!

We're in for a really interesting conversation. I know you'll get a lot out of it. And don't forget, you'll also be able to earn a CPE/CPD credit.

I hope to see you there! 🌱

​​​

------------------------------
    Tom Seegmiller
    Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
    Vena Solutions

• 2.  RE: Long-Term Planning For Uncertain Times 🎒

Posted 07-21-2022 13:50
    What a great session @Tom Seegmiller!

The conversations at this event were interesting - even for someone who isn't in finance! ​It definitely gave me the context of what happens in Finance, why and how decisions are made, and what's important factors for the business to grow.

I wanted to share my takeaways and hoping other attendees would share theirs too! Also I'm interested to see if there are any questions from the community - would be more than happy to find those answers!

• Employee retention and hiring are challenges certain organizations are still facing amidst these economic times. Relatedly, with interest rates rising and cost of debt increasing, organizations are starting to move more cautiously and looking at alternative debt instruments
    • Looking at unit economics instead of pure sales - since inflation affects all sales line items, it's important to look at units as well
    • Networking is key! In these challenging times, reach out to not only your network (partners, colleagues, etc.), but the networks of other people in your organization (Sales, Marketing, Talent) - where they can also find efficiencies as well. We all need to lose the "going at it alone" mindset and ask for help. (And the Forum is the perfect place to find the community you need! 😊)
    • Collaboration is important to ensure an understanding of how the business runs and operates. It's never a good idea to assume what other departments are doing - ensure all key stakeholders have a "seat at the table"
    • Cash conservation vs. Growth -- it all depends on your company, what stage you're in, profile of business, etc. Take a look at what's working and not working, see which KPIs are driving the business, and challenge areas of investment (doubling down or pulling back)

I absolutely loved the conversation among the panelists - there were so many good nuggets of information I probably missed! If you did attend, be sure to share!

Thanks! 🌱

#Forecasting #BestPractice #Planning​​​​

Irene Tang
    Community Marketing Manager
    Vena Solutions

• 3.  RE: Long-Term Planning For Uncertain Times 🎒

Posted 07-26-2022 11:21
    Hi all!

For anyone who missed this AMAZING session last week, don't worry! You can now watch the full session, on demand, on Plan To Grow!

πŸŽ₯ Watch Full Session On Demand Here!

Or, if you want a sneak peek of the great conversation - take a peek here!

And if you want to catch up on any other previous sessions, you can peruse the rest of the content there! And maybe you'll even see my friendly face in some of them πŸ˜‰

If you do watch this session (or any session) - feel free to leave your thoughts! I'd love to hear what your takeaways are and what you found most important πŸ€”

Thanks everyone 🌱

Irene Tang
    Vena Solutions

• 4.  RE: Long-Term Planning For Uncertain Times 🎒

Posted 08-24-2022 13:55

Hi all!

I wanted to bring back attention to this thread as long-range plans are being rethought and revenue targets are being set. I'm sure with all the economic changes that are going on, there may be challenges to changing plans on the go! I know from personal experience with my old role that COVID had played a huge role in ensuring my marketing plans reflected changing budgets.Β 

If you're interested in hearing a panel of experts regarding this topic, join Vena's Tom Seegmiller along with a group of your finance peers to learn how to:

• How to optimize cash flow against strategic priorities
    • Drive business-wide alignment on budget requests and priorities against revenue targets
    • Alleviate tension caused by gaps between your bottom-up and long-range plans
    • Design compensation plans that will motivate behaviours aligned with strategyΒ Β 
    • Set the groundwork for an agile, ongoing planning process

You don't want to miss out on these great conversations on September 22 from 12–1 PM ET as well as earning 1 CPE/CPD credit. Register here!Β 

Be sure to share your thoughts before, during, and after the event in this thread. If you have any questions or your insights on how your organization plans for uncertainty, share them below!Β 

Hope to see you there 🌱

#Planning #BudgetingΒ #Strategy #Event

​​​

Irene Tang
    Vena Solutions