General Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

A Vena Holiday Surprise!

• 1.  A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 12-17-2021 13:01

Hi everyone!

With the holidays and the end of the year quickly approaching, we want to say thank you for being our valued founding Plan To Grow Forum members!

To receive a special surprise, we'd like to invite you to simply reply to this thread with 1 word or phrase to describe your 2021 by January 1, 2022!

------------------------------
    Irene Tang

• 2.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 12-17-2021 13:02

To kick things off, I would describe my 2021 with this phrase: "a new beginning".
    Looking forward to seeing everyone's responses!

In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to me if you have any feedback or suggestions on how we can grow the Plan to Grow Forum together and what you'd like to see in 2022!

Irene Tang

• 3.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Founding Member
    Posted 12-18-2021 14:14
    Rollercoaster!

Clement Marlin

• 4.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 12-20-2021 09:42
    I couldn't agree with you more! This year definitely had its ups and downs, but still an exciting ride!

Irene Tang

• 5.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Founding Member
    Posted 12-19-2021 22:38

The one word that describes my 2021 would be grateful. Faced many challenges, welcomed a new little boy into our family, grew a TON in so many ways. The Lord has been gracious!

Brandon Combs  CPA|CGMA

Director of Camping Budgets and Finance

Young Life Service Center

(719) 381-1834

(828) 773-5371 Cell

Email_YLSignature_Grayscale

***Confidentiality Notice*** This e-mail transmission and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential and legally privileged information, which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete (destroy) the original transmission and any attachments.

• 6.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 12-20-2021 09:45
    That's amazing, congratulations to you and your family! I love that word - with everything going on, it's so nice to take a step back and be grateful! :)

Irene Tang

• 7.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Founding Member
    Posted 12-20-2021 09:01
    I'd say my 2021 word is metamorphasis...probabably still the pupal stage, though. Lots of changes and growing pains but I expect something different and more colorful in the end! Many blessings to all!

Christine Sawyer CAE
    Director, Finance and Accounting
    American College of Healthcare Executives
    Chicago, IL
    312-424-9391

• 8.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 12-20-2021 09:48
    I love that word! That was definitely the word I was looking for with my phrase; but metamorphosis captures it beautifully!

Irene Tang

• 9.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Founding Member
    Posted 12-21-2021 13:05
    My word would be "reflective". My work in 2020 pulled me away from my normal work and into support of contact tracing in Massachusetts so 2021 ended up being an opportunity to reflect on a number of things throughout the year as I returned to my normal work - what type of work interests me personally and how do I provide the most value to my organization? how can I encourage my team members' growth and opportunities? how can my team better support and guide our stakeholders? etc. etc. There were plenty of ups and downs, but spending a lot of time reflecting this year has set me up to have more focus for 2022 on things that are most important, as well as think about not just what is important, but how I approach things.

Brendan Eger

• 10.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 12-21-2021 15:02
    What an inspiring word! This has made me reflect on my past year and the outlook I want to have for 2022. Thanks for sharing that, I'm sure other members feel the same way :)

Irene Tang

• 11.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Founding Member
    Posted 12-21-2021 13:46
    CRAZINESS

To look back 365 days and predict where we are now - wow.

Personally it's been crazy
    Business-wise it's been crazy

Looking back 365 days ago at what we envisioned 2021 to be, reality is... there's nothing that aligns but you know what?  WE MADE IT!

Tracy Cook

• 12.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 12-21-2021 15:04
    YES! Would 100% agree with you on that. I'm sure a year from now we'd feel the exact same way, so I'm excited to see what 2022 has in store for us!

Irene Tang

• 13.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Founding Member
    Posted 12-21-2021 15:31
    Hey Irene

Happy Holidays!! My word would be unpredictable! Can never have a set plan valid for more than one week it seems haha! Cheers.

Kevin Shivnauth

• 14.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 12-21-2021 17:15
    Happy Holidays to you too, Kevin! Totally agree - this past year felt like we were always on our feet pivoting with everything 2021 was throwing our way!

Irene Tang

• 15.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Founding Member
    Posted 12-22-2021 10:33
    I had the same word as Brandon so I will choose another :) Resilience is the word for me because it implies hope and possibilities in light of hardships many may have faced personally and professionally this past year. 

Devendra Kalwani

• 16.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 12-22-2021 13:56
    An amazing word choice! I think it's safe to say we've all been resilient this past year, and I love the positivity in your post :)

Irene Tang

• 17.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Founding Member
    Posted 12-22-2021 13:49
    Chaotic!

Casey Bork

• 18.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 12-22-2021 14:54
    Would definitely agree with you on that!

Irene Tang

• 19.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Founding Member
    Posted 12-22-2021 13:54
    My word for 2021 is "hectic"! Took on a new role and trying to clean up a mess in a short period of time. Certainly not boring! :)

Emily Lazar

• 20.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 12-22-2021 15:21
    Oh yes, I would also agree and say hectic summarizes my 2021 pretty well! :)

Irene Tang

• 21.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Founding Member
    Posted 12-25-2021 09:39
    The word that best describes me in 2021 would Adaptable, many different unpredictable situations came about and I had to adapt to them.

Cheers and happy holidays!

Mani Alkhafaji

• 22.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 12-29-2021 10:48
    That's fantastic! This past year has thrown us so many curveballs, and "adaptable" is a perfect word to summarize the year!

Irene Tang

• 23.  RE: A Vena Holiday Surprise!

Posted 01-06-2022 10:20
    Hi everyone,

Happy New Year! 🎉

Another big thank you to everyone who has participated in this thread! For those who have shared your word describing 2021, please keep a look-out for an email from me in your inbox for your surprise! 👀

And for anyone who has stumbled upon this thread in the new year - don't worry! There will be more opportunities for surprises in the forums, so check in regularly and start conversations with us and your peers!

Hope everyone is staying safe and having a great start to 2022!

Irene Tang